Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which is better, ASP / PHP / JSP

Re: Which is better, ASP / PHP / JSP

I guess its best to go for PHP since most people are running Linux servers (afaik asp is windows only). Anyway, LAMP is by far the most popular combo.

Because PHP is extremely easy to program (though I am a JSP developer not a .NET one) in comparison. It also has, far and away (IMHO) the best resources and open source material on the internet - someone has already done most of the hard work for you if you are any good at using Google

Hosting is generally cheaper too- even premium/dedicated stuff.

PHP is also better understood by the current generation of developers.

I'm a JSP developer predominantly but have really come to appreciate PHP - things are so easy in it that for small scale apps it is a good choice. I also think that people overplay the performance issues - if you have a good dedicated server for PHP it is not going to be much different in speed than a JSP or .NET server.

If you want to start looking at larger scale apps then I would suggest JSP/J2EE and .NET offer a better framework for developing, but not because of performance - having precomiled classes & webpages as well as strong typing mean that run time errors are much less likely to happen.

JSP is secure.
    PHP is easy
    ASP is not opensource..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12