Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2008

Re: Which is better, ASP / PHP / JSP

I guess its best to go for PHP since most people are running Linux servers (afaik asp is windows only). Anyway, LAMP is by far the most popular combo.
Old 14-11-2008

Because PHP is extremely easy to program (though I am a JSP developer not a .NET one) in comparison. It also has, far and away (IMHO) the best resources and open source material on the internet - someone has already done most of the hard work for you if you are any good at using Google

Hosting is generally cheaper too- even premium/dedicated stuff.

PHP is also better understood by the current generation of developers.

I'm a JSP developer predominantly but have really come to appreciate PHP - things are so easy in it that for small scale apps it is a good choice. I also think that people overplay the performance issues - if you have a good dedicated server for PHP it is not going to be much different in speed than a JSP or .NET server.

If you want to start looking at larger scale apps then I would suggest JSP/J2EE and .NET offer a better framework for developing, but not because of performance - having precomiled classes & webpages as well as strong typing mean that run time errors are much less likely to happen.
Old 18-11-2008

JSP is secure.
PHP is easy
ASP is not opensource..

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , ,