Thread: How to Remove Older version of JRE in JAVA?

How to Remove Older version of JRE in JAVA?

I am Java Learner,I have installed JDK and JRE latest and old version on my computer for Java training purpose, but the problem is that I wanted to remove unwanted java files but while doing this there won't be any kind of problem to the New version,so can anyone tell me how to achieve this.

Re: How to Remove Older version of JRE in JAVA?

This is possible with the JavaRa 1.04 product of RaProduct.

JavaRa is a simple tool that does a simple job: it removes old and redundant versions of the Java Runtime Environment (JRE).

Java software in general and the Java JRE in particular allow you to run applications called ‘applets’ that are written in the Java programming language. You probably have Java JRE installed on your computer because these applets allow you to play online games, chat with people around the world, calculate your mortgage interest, view images in 3D, as well as many others.

As with all software, the JRE is updated on a regular basis. Updates are necessary to add new functionalities, to remove programming bugs or to repair possible vulnerabilities.

Usually older versions of programs are removed during the install of new versions but Sun (the owner of Java) has somehow decided not to do this. The result is that a number of different versions of the JRE may exist on your computer. These older versions potentially pose a threat to your sense of security due to the possible vulnerabilities or security holes that may exist in them.

Java advises users to always have the latest version of the Java Runtime Environment (JRE). The latest version is always the recommended version because it contains updates and improvements to previous versions of the JRE. The latest available version is always compatible with the older versions.

Re: How to Remove Older version of JRE in JAVA?

Use
    What JavaRa does is to check if your computer has the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE). If the version you have installed has been superseded by a newer version the program will download and install this newer version for you, by running Java's update program. JavaRa then allows you to remove all possible older versions of this program.

This will ensure that the security of your computer is enhanced and extra space on your hard disk is created.

Cleaning feature
    In some instances Java Runtime Environment (JRE) will create logs or temporary files which are not needed in normal circumstances. These files take up space and can be safely removed. JavaRa does this tedious job for you with one click of a button.

Simply select the "Remove Useless Files" button once in a while to remove these old useless files.

Command line parameters supported by JavaRa
    JavaRa supports a growing number of command line parameters.

-runsilent, --runsilent, -r (lets JavaRa run silently in the background)
    --purgefiles, -p. (lets JavaRa remove useless files)
    --removeSDM. (lets JavaRa remove the Sun Download Manager)

How to implement the command line parameters in JavaRa
    Rightclick the JavaRa icon and choose 'Properties'. In the input box of the Shortcut tab, enter the command option after the quote. (for example JavaRa.exe -p)

Windows Versions Supported
    Currently, JavaRa supports Windows 9x, 2k, XP, and Vista without UAC.

you can download the JavaRa from the following link:
    http://raproducts.org/