Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 27-10-2008

AD Script

So I sit back with a crap job in the Active Directory ...

That is how I have x number of users who have an email under "General" tab in AD - BUT, the email is not the same as the primary subject "Email Address" tab.

Has anyone had a script which can search and rightly so in AD? Or just know a way to dump all of AD where the above is true, to an excel file or something in that style?
Old 27-10-2008

Re: AD Script

There is something called EZADScriptomatic, which is just a means to script in AD.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
Old 27-10-2008

I will have a look at it.

Thank you!
Old 27-10-2008

Hmm .. just sat and looked at my AD, if I change the email in the "General" tab, then change it themselves under the "Email Addresses" tab, and vice versa.

It is indeed possible. Check on it, if you change one of them let it ikk. It be so hard to create a script that can fix it.
Old 27-10-2008

It also makes it here - the problem is that we have a new intranet, as every night update our AD with info such as email addresses.

I've tried to talk to who will be encoded into the intranet to also make the primary email, but he does not know

Otherwise, the apprentice started with a slave task
Old 27-10-2008

Hmm .. I am not pretty sure to know quite what it is that you want ..?
Old 27-10-2008

The problem is that when our intranet update our AD, it will update only emails "General", and not under Email (it is evident only when you do it manually update in both places?!).

So if the user under the "Email address" stands with another email as the primary than the intranet throws in the "General", so the conflicts in Exchange Default Offline Address List, and the user will be omitted in the Offline Address List update - which results in that you can not find them in your address book.

That I would have liked to have had an extraction from AD to the user's email as the "General" and so on that are primary in the "Email Address".

Is little hard to explain, but hope it is understandable.
Old 27-10-2008

This script tells the user name + email, but I am not quite sure where it takes along email from, so you can indeed just test that.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: