Thread: Error code 14001

Error code 14001

A msgbox comes up , when trying to run an executable, after installing an app, and the msgbox says " Error code 14001 - this application failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem "

Reinstalling doesn't help. I didn't bother to look in the registry to remove things, that would have been a last resort. The app had been installed in teh past and windows xp removed and reinstalled (I guess when doing that it keeps the "program files" directory then, (and I think documents and settings - just adding whatever profiles to it). Obviously the windows directly had been replaced.. But none of that was the cause. People have had this error without that.

The solution, was to do with the software using " MS Visual C++ Library " and there being some clash between it and the MS Visual C++ already installed.

This may then have affected that software, and systems with the .net framework installed (I had to install the .net framework to get msklc to work, msklc is good program, useful to some). Maybe the .net framework uses MS Visual C++

please help .

Re: Error code 14001

SIMPLE SOLUTION!
    "Try installing this
    http://www.softdevlabs.com/Hercules/vcredist_x86.exe"

It worked. note- I guess MS Visual C++ redistributable is a bit like VB Runtime files, or java runtime environment. It is a core of the language, to allow programs to run. Programmers/Developers using that language would have a more complete thing with tools to compile the language and more. But users just need certain core files.

I got the error trying to install regex coach A great program for one who is not familiar with regex, or learning it. And wants to just get a regex sorted out as a one-off. Or wants to figure out how regex works in detail. Just a great tool. The linux grep command (which can be run in windows with cygwin) can use regex, and so I think can ms word.

Re: Error code 14001

It's great. The issue have been resolved by this method. Thank you
    very much.