Thread: vbscript to display custom message at windows startup

vbscript to display custom message at windows startup

I am very annoyed looking at the same display message that comes when ever I start my Windows. So does anyone know about any vbscript to display custom message at windows startup. Thank you

I dont know any Vbscript but you can follow the steps below to display custom message at windows startup.

To display a custom message when you start Windows XP, please make the following handling:

• Open Regedit (Start, Run and then type regedit ...)
    • Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
    • Change the value chain LegalNoticeCaption by double-clicking it and give it value as the title of your message.
    • Change the value chain LegalNoticeText by double-clicking it and give it value as the content of your message.

At the next time you start Windows, a window will appear with your message. Note that the startup you will be halted until you click the OK button of the window.

Hope that helps

Displaying Custom Message at Windows Vista's Startup
    By a simple Windows vista registry tweak you can display a custom message at Windows startup.Windows XP users can also try this tweak and this works in XP also.The steps for this Windows registry trick is given as:

For the Windows registry tweak first load the Windows registry editor by enter regedit to the Run box (Press WINDOWS KEY + R to access the run menu) or in the search box in the Windows vista start menu and then hit Enter:

Then, navigate to the registry key

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system]

Then edit these two DWORD values as

"LegalNoticeCaption"="Enter your custom message caption "
    "LegalNoticeText"="Enter your custom message text "

Close the Windows registry editor and restart your computer to take effect the changes.

NB:It is better to create a registry backup before the windows registry tweaks,because if any stability problem occurs restore the registry back.So it is a good practice to all,working with windows registry.