Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 17-10-2008

Using MSComm Control in VB6

Can I use the MScomm contol of Vb6.0 to send numeric messages to a Pager from my pc's modem. Also can I send alphanumeric pager messages with the same MSComm control? For testing it I dont have an alphanumeric pager at the moment. Please help me for this. Thank you
Old 17-10-2008

Yes, depending on how you have set this up of course as I don't have your code. http://www.timcotte.tk (downloads page has a sample application for sending SMS to a phone or pager - the method is actually the same). As you are already sending characters even though they are numeric ones, they are still characters, nothing special is required if the pager can support alphnumeric characters then your existing code should work quite happily.
Old 17-10-2008

What code have you written so far and how does it run? If you haven't even started and don't know how to start, you need to review the VB documentation to learn the basics of how to write code in the VB IDE. The online VB help is pretty good and a good place to start.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , ,