Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2008

vol info for all drives in batch or vbs

Using a batch file perferrably, then vbs file, but anything will do, I need to list all drives with their volume name and serial # and output it to a text and screen/msgbox. I would like to avoid all unnecessary text/info, such as the "vol" command produces. The format should be:
c(or c name serial #
d(or d name serial #
etc
Is this possible and if so, how?
Thanks

Len
Old 13-10-2008

Perhaps, a VBScript using WMI's Win32_LogicalDisk would be pretty straightforward to use for this...
or
Try generating a basic VBScript with WMICodeCreator. A little searching will show how to make the computer name a variable that can be supplied when you invoke the script.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: