Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 24-09-2008

No CSS in Firefox

I am currently completing a website. There is a problem: The CSS did not appear in Mozilla Firefox, while everything appears normal with IE.

Is this a problem of CSS or XHTML, etc....I have no idea! It is very puzzling because the site is no longer the same layout.

PS: If you have any suggestions along the way. They are always welcome.
Old 24-09-2008

I know that you normally indicates a CSS type in your call to the style sheet. The server is configured to issue a text / html files automatically with this extension. I suggest you rename your file. Css (Enjoy the passage to indicate a relative URL instead of a absolute URL)
Old 24-09-2008

We can not choose extensions. There is no FTP client, it's done through the administration interface. Should replace:

<link rel="stylesheet" media="screen" href="/stylecss-h2.html" type="text/css" />

by <link rel="stylesheet" media="screen" href="/stylecss-h2.html" type="text/html" />?
Old 24-09-2008

So you should change provider. It will leave you free to do a lot more things for a few bucks and you could have your own accommodation (at OVH or other).
Old 24-09-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by GianCarlo View Post
We can not choose extensions. There is no FTP client, it's done through the administration interface.
You can not even file a beast CSS ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GianCarlo View Post
<link rel="stylesheet" media="screen" href="/stylecss-h2.html" type="text/css" />

by <link rel="stylesheet" media="screen" href="/stylecss-h2.html" type="text/html" />?
no, I do not think it used to much. Because your file is not html.

At least, try to use an internal style sheet in your template.
Old 24-09-2008

You can put your CSS rules in an element
Code:
 <style> 
  (CSS rules, lots) 
  </ style>
placed in the <head> element of your HTML pages.
(I think that is what kelfro meant by "use an internal style sheet in your template")

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: ,