Thread: page's HTML preload

page's HTML preload

Hello to you,

I hope to be heading in the right to expose the problem that I met at the launch of my site. (Local construction)

My site was originally full flash and I wanted to add CSS after reading the book CSS2 Raphael Goetter (which is remarkable passage!)
    In fact I still wanted to keep a menu in flash head that communicates java to say what will be displayed DIV (a DIV by category, the others being hidden)

Then I also "include" PHP to load my HTML pages in these divs...

And suddenly my index page is loading all other HTML pages to form one (while displaying the desired DIV) ...

Loading time is, as you will understand, long enough, the problem (another problem actually) is that the coup is in flash and when loaded becomes possible to choose which DIV displayed before tt is loaded.

You've followed? I want to actually find a way to have a first HTML page of preload, until everything is loaded. Is there a way for example by shifting fake, a div (including the site) outside the page and then handing it well.

Quote Originally Posted by screwball View Post
    I want to actually find a way to have a first HTML page of preload, until everything is loaded.
    Bad idea. It seems preferable to load each content only when requested by the user calls. Users sentenced to up, or all users in general.

To see if you want to load conventional (loading a new page) or Web 2.0 not super accessible (with a little Ajax). If you want to have a proper indexing of this site in search engines, I recommend the first option (at least, you can consider the second overlay in a second time).

Yes it is true that for low-speed users is not the top (I even a relatively slow connection) but anyway they will have patience arm I had some fairly heavy image ..

The classical way I did but I was quickly blocked by my menu entirely in flash: We know at any moment where you are because it rest on a frame .. If I load a new page I lose this information it seems? I dug in that direction but the only simple solution in my case seemed to be the frames!

At first the conventional forces me to return to a more traditional menu that is there?

For a 2.0 website I thought ... a SPIP But as you say not very accessible (for me) I'm working but it will take time!

but anyway they will have patience arm I had some fairly heavy image ..
    Yes, but even if you have enough heavy images your visitors may wish to trigger themselves loading of these images or pages. Surprising as it may sound, most visitors do not want to explore a site from top to bottom. Loading the entire contents is not very advisable.

If I load a new page I lose this information it seems?
    Except to pass a special setting to your animation to display the correct item in the "open". Well, animation revoke must, but at first it will be loaded from the cache so if you do not make the mistake of placing any part of introduction into the display of your menu it should be good.
    On how to pass parameters to an animation ... it becomes specific to Flash and distance from the subject of this forum.

By the way, an alternative to HTML / CSS to Flash would be nice.

At first the conventional forces me to return to a more traditional menu that is there?
    No. As against that invites you to better develop in Flash.

Ok thank you very much for this info!

I'm going to have a little look at my flash intro (the facilitator can skip it if it does nothing) and look a little on how to process a menu CSS / HTML relief if no plugins.

Really nice for taking the time to help me.