Thread: Programming language for bluetooth

Programming language for bluetooth

Hello,

I want to send a stream of data that will be in audio format from mobile to the computer through bluetooth. Then from computer, the data should be transferred from (RFCOMM) to the DMA buffer of my system where it will be stored. This is all actually a part of my project.

I am actually new into the bluetooth technology and so wanted to know which language should be used to support bluetooth. Whether it will be Java or C++ or any other language that will be most suitable where J2ME is my client application.

For your information, no programming language supports applications or features such as bluetooth. But libraries do support. Like for example, on windows, for bluetooth support you can have a DLL which you can use from a language like Java, .NET, C++....

You are developing it on Linux or Windows platform? For your development platform, you should research what libraries are available.

Quote Originally Posted by Modifier View Post
    You are developing it on Linux or Windows platform? For your development platform, you should research what libraries are available.
    Its a Windows platform.

I feel C++ would be an option. For that if i can get some tutorial that will guide me for bluetooth library in c++, that will be very much useful. If you have any such guide or online tutorial or any other link, please give me.

Thanks.

I have found 2 such links regarding this and hope will help you in some way. One is from Microsoft and the other from Symbian community from their developer library.

Thank you very much for that links. I think that will help me a lot. I appreciate your efforts. I'll inform you what happens.