Thread: Visual Basic 6 on Windows Vista

Visual Basic 6 on Windows Vista

Hello everyone, I have a small doubt:

Along with a colleague, both (almost) mechanical engineers, are doing the draft order career. We were touched to make a program for the lads first course of our career can practice drawing technical computer: a kind of "trivial pursuit" exercises with several responses.

The project we are doing, by questions of compatibility, Visual Basic 6, using, to make 3D pictures and drawings of cuts, AutoDesk Inventor 9 (for designing parts and generate levels) and Autocad 2005 (retouched plans and stick "mistakes" by the way, for the exercises).

Until recently, my partner is the one who was dealing with that part of Visual Basic, on her laptop with Windows XP without problems. I spent the design and retouching drawings.

Now that I have already longer (I have already escaped the last subject that was, my partner did not have any already), I get to play with the help Basic. My laptop is more recent (a gift indeed, what could I would not have allowed) ... and is already installed with Windows Vista Home Premium. And I am not going to change the operating system or walk to get into trouble in another partition or another of these things. I do not have much time or desire to more trouble. The coach that use, in theory was not compatible with Vista (at least gives notices known incompatibilities before run), but I'm running smoothly.

My doubt is whether, in this Windows Vista Home Premium most recent work without problems give the Visual Basic 6, oldest ... or if any problems that I will "hump" the proper functioning of the laptop. It is that the computer that I have to work and to access the Internet, and would be a good "faenita" if it "died" the system and had to put everything back up.
    I know my doubt is stupid but i only want to know if I install here Visual Basic 6 fearless, and able to work smoothly with him, but I do not destabilize the system anything unusual.

Thank you for your attention, I know that i m certainly one of the most stupid, but is that I tend to "as the head" with the largest jets ...

Just tried to check it and found that i could run Visual Basic 6 with SP6 smoothly under Vista x64.

With the 32-bit edition, is still more likely to go well, although without the service pack, I do not know whether it will work correctly. In any case, however, you can download the SP for free.