Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 17-07-2008

Solution to Open File Dialog Hang

Hia All.
I ran into a problem when trying to make use of open file dialogs from Visual Studio in Vista whereas the dialog either hanged (Not Reponding) or there was a major delay before it eventually did open.

After a bit of research, and developers suggesting some quite serious registry modification I got an idea.

A specific thread placed the cause of the error on Vista not knowing where to retrieve the icon from.The thread suggeted deleting the Shell Icons file from the registry, which I wasn't to happy about doing.

I thus simply pointed the Icon field of the form to which the open file dialog was attached to a known location. i.e. My own icon file that will be destributed with the application.

This resolved my problem.

Hope it helps.

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , ,