Thread: The connection to the Remote Web Workplace is frequently interrupted or lost.

The connection to the Remote Web Workplace is frequently interrupted or lost.

There are around 4 different remote computers which are in my network. Now they all are in different location. Now among them 2 are not working on RWW. When I try to log in I am getting a error that connection is interrupted. It was was working well, but somehow it stopped. I contacted and ask the office staff about the issue, according to them no one has touched the settings. The termination is connected but it terminates in some time interval. That can be a minute or half hour. It varies. I do not think there is any kind of timeout settings which is causing the same issue.

How the connection is failing. Is it happening one time or frequently when you are connected to multiple systems. It is necessary that you must check out all the settings once again and reconfigure them. You will need to move to the branch where the systems are connected and then only you can find out the cause. You can also find the issue under event log. It looks the service is interrupted by some other application. Can be a antivirus also.

There are many people who are facing the same kind of problem. There is no exact cause behind the issue. There can be some kind of timeout settings which are causing the failure. IF you check properly on the RWW sign in page you can find a session time out settings. It is by default configured on short period and that is why it is terminated when you are using it. So simply it is not a bug but some settings.

RE: The connection to the Remote Web Workplace is frequently interrupted or lost.

I finally got a chance to fix the problem. I had tried a number of steps but somehow it looks that my problem is resolved. Still there are some basic disconnection but that does not effect much. The problem actually was with my network card. So that is where I was facing issue. First I was working by updating fresh drivers. It worked for few months. Later on I the nic was not working well and I replaced that by adding a pci card and things were fine.

I will also advice the option to update your nic driver. It is one of the best way to fix this issue. We are not aware when this kind of problem appears and that is due to outdated drivers. Firewall or security application is not at all responsible for the same. If still you want to test without adding a new nic card or update drivers then you can simply try to re-install RWW. That is one of the best way to deal with this kind of issue. Adding the sub components also help you in many ways.

It is better to reinstall RWW before going for any other stuff. Because that is the fastest thing you can do on the software level. And it has resolve a number of problem on my system. When I faced the issue many recommended me to check out drivers, change hardware, etc. But it was due to some internal conflict. And that was generated due to windows update. Later on I re-installed RWW and things were resolved. There is no issue at all. I am using SBS 2003 SP1 CD to re-install the component. You can first completely remove it to wipe out all the settings.

As per my research on the problem I found that the major issue lies with non standard settings. I am talking about DefaultAppPool in IIS. It is the only which is causing the problem. I am going to provide you some steps that would help you. First you will need to go in IIS on your SBS. In that click on ServerName and then click on Application Pools. Right click on the DefaultAppPool and choose Properties. Here you can find Recycling. In that you must ensure that value of Recycle worker process should be specified at 4:00. Then go to the Performance and then set 600 to shutdown worked process. That's all. Run command iisreset and check back.

I am getting a 15 second timeout problem. I am connected but I am kicked within a 15 seconds. It is a bit annoying to relogin and then it takes time to establish the actual connectivity. I performed windows update but did not found any help there. So that is a waste of time for me to get some 200 mb of updates. Later on check out the tsweb timout settings that worked. It is in C:\InetPub\Remote\tsweb.aspx. In that first you have to copy the aspx file for backup so that in case of any problem you can restore it. Later on open tsweb.aspx and modify the value of MsRdpClient.AdvancedSettings2.MinutesToIdleTimeout
    to 240 from 120. Run iisreset command and done.

I got the problem with RWW. It failed to work and it does not offer me a proper solution to deal with the issue. But somehow the issue was resolved with update. It started working well and there was no problem at all. Also thanks for that tsweb.aspx. It is a nice solution that would help to deal with the issue in future.