Thread: DgiVecp Service - What Is This? Please Help.

DgiVecp Service - What Is This? Please Help.

Whenever the Windows Small Business Server 2003 is restarted then I am getting an error message "One or more services failed to start." Also, I can see the following error message in the System Event Log:

"The DgiVecp service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the device specified."

The Event ID 7000 and the source is Service Control Manager but on doing a search for DgiVecp, I can find it in the following three locations:

C:\Windows\system32\drivers\dgivecp.sys
    C:\Windows\Samsung\CLP-510\Data\dgivecp.sys
    C:\Windows\Samsung\CLP-510\GDI\Data\dgivecp.sys

I have checked at Administrative Tools >> Services but the service is not listed there. I have also checked the registry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES and Start is already set to 0x2 that I think is Automatic startup. So, it seems to me that it has to do with Samsung printer that I have which is connected elsewhere on the network and not directly connected, so how do I resolve this problem? Thanks

Re: DgiVecp Service - What Is This? Please Help.

Are you trying to install this printer on the server? I will first of all suggest you to remove it immediately, if you have not. Incase the printer was previously connected directly to the server but is now across the network then I will suggest you to uninstall it and then check Samsungs support site to see if there is a different driver package for a networked connection, which would work for Server 2003. I also think that even if you uninstall and then reinstall the same, then it will work out for you.