Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Small Business Server
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

"Pending File Rename Operations" refers to non-existent temporary files in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\FxsTmp

Small Business Server

Old 13-03-2008

"Pending File Rename Operations" refers to non-existent temporary files in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\FxsTmp

I have SBS 2003 Server and I noticed that the "Pending File Rename Operations" registry value that is under HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager, often has refrences to temporary files in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\FxsTmp. Everytime I check, then these files will not exist. Can anyone tell me what could be creating this registry entry? Thanks for any information.

Old 13-03-2008

Re: "Pending File Rename Operations" refers to non-existent temporary files in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\FxsTmp

Can you please give us some more information regarding to the actual issue you are facing that lead you to start looking arount at this? That way it might be easier to solve this issue.
Old 13-03-2008

Re: "Pending File Rename Operations" refers to non-existent temporary files in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\FxsTmp

Well, I am trying to install System Center Essentials 2007 on my SBS Server, and it will not proceed with the installation if this registry value exists, I will just get an error about the installation in progress that will require a restart or something like that. I can surely delete the value, but I want to know whats creating it adn why?
Old 18-03-2008

There are some good guides discussed on the System Center Essentials 2007, just to to the below link to find out more:

http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/arch...has-rtm-d.aspx

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Small Business Server