Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Small Business Server
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

DCOM Permission Settings Error

Small Business Server

Old 11-03-2008

DCOM Permission Settings Error on SBS 2003

I am not able to understand whether this problem is some permission specific or it is due to some application. I am not able to modify the settings for the same. I am getting a DCOM error. It look some of the internal component in the administrative tool is modified and causing the problem. I hope there will be some kind of component services that are causing the problem.

Old 17-03-2008

Had you installed SharePoint V3 on your system. If yes then you will need to open Component Services MMC console. This is simply located inside Administrative Tools. You can find IIS WAMReg Admin service. Right click on the same and simply click on properties. You can find a security tab there. Just ensure that all the option there are set as default. It is necessary that you should activate the permission and allow you modify the settings.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Small Business Server
Tags: ,