Thread: Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.x on SBS2003

Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.x on SBS2003

I want to install Symantec Endpoint protection on SBS 2003. My friend is using Symantec AntiVirus Corp 10.x. He suggested to go for Symantec as it deliver some good security solution. Now to test I had added the 10.x version and found some performance issue. I want to upgrade that to 11.x. Will that be fine. It can fix the server performance and offer a more better output as I am expecting. I will remove if I do not get positive feed backup about the 11.x version.

RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.x on SBS2003

I am using Symantec for years and I had seen a major issue when upgraded to Endpoint 11. I should have not touched the version. I was using a older version. It was not even 10.x. Now it looks there are some bugs which are making the server performance weak. I will recommend Trend. It is a good solution for server security and soon I am going to switch to the same.

RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.x on SBS2003

What problem are you facing. There are various issue appear when you perform a improper upgrade. You must first verify the system requirement because it happens that sometime the server version does not support new editions. You can simply contact Symantec tech support for more information on the same. The best way is to install it from scratch instead of upgrades. There are old buggy files which always cause the issue.

Re: Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.x on SBS2003

I am using 4 products of symantec. I am using the same from long time. But somehow I am not happy with the performance of 11. I do not know what changes they did, but it affects the server performance. I tried to manage the settings, but still there is no proper output. I hope there would be some solution for the same. Compared to the 11 version the older are far more better. The newest release is always considered as a stable, but this new release has created issue in the performance.

This happens with me everytime whenever I go for upgrades. It is not new with the 11 edition. It appears each time when I perform the upgrade instead of installing the same from scratch. It is a bit annoying to get this kind of issues on server. Because it simply affects the current performance. And it is not easy to revert back on the old settings so instantly.

There is never a intimation for this kind problem. I am having a SBS 2003 server and I was using 9. It was not good at all. I do not agree that older edition were working on server. There is always some issue. That is the reason I am planing to switch to some other edition that would work and does not leave errors. I am trying to find some manual that can help me to troubleshoot this kind of issue. I am unable to get any valid solution. It looks like some bug with compatibility of services.

What are you actually looking for. If you need some kind of centralized management solution for symantec on server then you will need to upgrade to SEP 11. The newer edition comes with more better features and has ample of new things to try. You can go on the official website to find out the documentation on using the same. That gives more highlight on the settings that you can try out. I think there will be some stuff that you will need to turn off or else it would be not effective.