Thread: Server will not start - help

Server will not start - help

The server that we are using is newly installed and after a restart it will not start normally. I can start it in safe mode but. Even though the latest installation was Trend CSMS, I think that it was the addition of a Maxtor One Touch 2 external hard drive that put some incompatible stuff in there. I have booted into safe mode but I cannot use add and remove programs to remove Retrospect Express HD or Maxtor OneTouch software. Can anyone tell me how do I solve this out? Thanks.

You can try to troubleshoot startup problems in Windows Server 2003. If a startup problem occurs after you click Microsoft Windows Server 2003 on either the boot loader menu, or when you receive the "Please select the operating system to start" message, files that the operating system needs may be missing or damaged. For more information visit this website here - http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;325375

Re: Server will not start - help

I am not able to do so via add and remove but I have removed any refrence in the run section of the registry. On startup I am getting the startup splash screen then a black screen where windows usually appears. I am able to run safe mode but have drawn a blank on running selective start, etc. Its always the same even when told to do a diagnostic starup with basic devices and services only.

First of all click on Start and then in run type msconfig.exe, after that select the startup tab and then untick what you dont want to be starting. Then its trial and error until you find out the problem where lies. You can also try to restore it from you last working backup.

I have this as well: DWPersistentQueuedReporting
    What is it exactly?