Thread: FileZilla Server Router Firewall Ports?

FileZilla Server Router Firewall Ports?

Yesterday just for a small testing purpose we successfully access Filezilla Server and FileZilla Client on local network and everything was working fine. It was even working smooth with Internet Explorer 7. Today I tried accessing the same FileZilla server from outside my network. It went fine until Connection screen where I also received a message saying “Connection established, waiting for welcome message.”

But that’s all. I cannot proceed anymore from here. I am not sure what could be the reason but only thing I suspect is I am missing something in my firewall device, especially about ports. For your information I’m using netgear router between cable modem and SBS server. As far as ports are concerned I have opened port 20-21 incoming and pointed it to the SBS Server external IP but still don’t know why am facing that problem.

Can you guys help me regarding this? Many thanks.

Re: FileZilla Server Router Firewall Ports?

I think you should call up your ISP and confirm if they are not blocking Port 21. Many times it happens if there is anything blockage from ISP’s end.

Are you using FTP rule in the firewall instead of port 20/21? If not, do the same. To me, also it sounds like you don't have a firewall and are only using some form of NAT. Check your IP Filter settings on FileZilla Server. Hope it helps.

Thanks for your helps guys, I think I managed to fix it. I just added the server and opened 21/21 on the router. I reran the CEICW wizard, checking the FTP option. Thats it. Everything working fine now.

Appreciate all your helps.