Thread: Exchange HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable in OWA

Exchange HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable in OWA

I am having SBS 2003 SP2 and there is some space problem with this machine. I have made a new user that is not able to login to OWA. She is not able to login to Outlook as well and gets an error message that says "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook Window. The set of folder could not be opened." I have went to the client and deleted the account and made sure that it was not on cached mode. After deleting that I re-created the user account and thats when I checked that she was not able to get web access also. When I went to users in AD and checked at the user properties >> ExchangeAdvance >> Mailbox Rights, then I noticed "the operation could not be completed because the store is not mounted, ID no: c1041732". Any help would be appreciated.

RE: Exchange HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable in OWA

Even I was facing the same issue but I have solved it by deleting the user and then recreatting the user in Active Directory User and Computers and not the SBS wizard.

RE: Exchange HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable in OWA

You can also try to follow the below method to solve this issue:
    1. First of all delete the user that had their mailbox created in the mailbox store in the Recovery Storage group.
    2. After that you need to delete the RSG. The RSG can be easily recreated if needed later on.
    3. Now you have to create the user through Add User Wizard again.

The workaround that is given above is also fine, but after you create the user accounts through ADUC, then you have to move them to "SBSUsers" OU.

Incase you want it to be the SBS way, then yes, you would want all users in the SBSUser OU. As said above, you just need to highlight them all and then right click and then move.