Thread: Cannot clear ARP cache

Cannot clear ARP cache

We have SBS2003 installed , whenever i am trying to repair my NICs, it fails to clear the ARP cache. For repairing it successfully, i have to stop "Routing and Remote Services ". I want to know if i actually have to turn off this service for repairing NICs ? or there might be some other thing that might be interfering with repairing task ?

Re: Cannot clear ARP cache

I guess problem repairing your nics and problem with ARP cache might be related in your case. Can you just tell me what happens when you try clearing the cache manually ? You can run below command for the same.

"netsh (interface ip) delete arpcache"

I don't think there is a need for stopping "Routing and Remote Services ". You should not face any issues even when it keeps running.

I want to know if you have tried updating NIC drivers and MMC snap in ??? If not, then you can try updating them now. Just make sure that you are installing the latest NIC drivers and MMC snap in and you are restarting your server after updating them. If you don't get any help form that then you can revert back to me for further help.

I want to know if you have tried updating NIC drivers and MMC snap in ??? If not, then you can try updating them now. Just make sure that you are installing the latest NIC drivers and MMC snap in and you are restarting your server after updating them. If you don't get any help form that then you can revert back to me for further help.
    Thanks a lot,
    I have just updated the NIC drivers and MMC snap in to the latest available and the server has started working fine.