Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Small Business Server
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

L2TP/IPSec VPN Configuration

Small Business Server

Old 05-02-2008

L2TP/IPSec VPN Configuration

I am able to configure VPN as PPTP connection on windows server. But somehow I am not able to work with L2TP or IPsec. The connection simply fails.I am using Windows SBS 2003 R2 and it is possible on it to configure VPM on L2TP. But I am not able to find out the exact steps. There can be security bugs also. I am using Trend. Is that the cause of connectivity failure. I had seen a small help manual which was having ample of information.

Old 09-02-2008

You can begin with steps that I am going to show you. You can start with IAS. Just open IAS console and then simply disable MS-CHap. Once you are done with that you have to set 128-bit encryption. Once you are done with that you have to simply add all the certificates. Then create enterprise root CA. You have to later on create local computer and current user cert. Create server cert and the move ahead with deploying sever to vpn client. You can then modify the sbs remote access policy also and other settings for authentication. Later on you will need to open the required ports for RRAS console.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Small Business Server
Tags: , , ,