Thread: the odd inbox email in owa not visible in outlook

the odd inbox email in owa not visible in outlook

I am having SBS 2003 with 1 NIC and Exchange SP2. From last couple of weeks I am facing inbound emails not appearing in the clients outlook inbox. Most of them do, but the odd one dont appear. When you logon to OWA then you can see the email. When you move the email from within OWA from the root inbox to another folder, it will then start to appear in the clients outlook. It seems though the Outlook .ost files are no properly syncing with Exchange. All Outlook clients are set to cached exchange mode and when set to online mode temporarily, the previously hidden emails show up. These clients are a mix of Outlook 2003 and 2007. I found a microsoft article to build a new ost file but that didnt help me. So, if anyone knows a better solution for this problem then please let me know about it asap. Thanks.

RE: the odd inbox email in owa not visible in outlook

There is an article that wil let you know how to create and configure email profiles in Outlook, that you can check out from here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918

Incase if that did not work for you, you can use the Microsoft Customer Support Services website to find other solutions to your problem.

Hello,

I am suddenly having this exact same issue. I am the "IT Guy" for a church with about 30 users. One of them is having a problem with her email. When an email comes in for her from outside the network it seems to be random whether it will show up in her Outlook, but they all show up in her OWA. From inside the network: if an email is sent to her with OWA it will show up in her Outlook and her OWA; but if it is sent to her with Outlook it doesn't show up in her Outlook, but does in her OWA.

The only rule is evidently some default rule called "Exception List" which bypasses checking an email from a sender in a list for spam or adult content. The list of senders it uses is currently empty.

From what I can tell the emails are not getting moved into another location, because they are in her inbox when viewed from OWA.

A side thought though, I guess at some point she answered "Yes" to the auto archive feature in outlook. So currently there are a whole lot more emails in her outlook that are not on OWA. Do you think that the archive file might be too big? Or the archive functionality in outlook could some how be affecting some emails but not others? Another note on that thought, I sent several emails with only the word "Test" in the subject and body and the ones sent from an OWA worked, but the ones from Outlook didn't, even when an email is sent to her from her using her outlook. This leads be to believe it probably isn't anything to do with email or file size.

Did you check whether there is any rules setup in the Outlook profile and that might be going to the junk mail or so? OWA will not handle client side rules or junk mail settings on the client. It seems to me like the Mapi Profile has become corrupt, does that user have their own computer at their places or are those shared?

Re: the odd inbox email in owa not visible in outlook

yes, I'm having the same user have this issue.

Messages she sees in OWA - Exchange 2003 Enterprise are not there in Outlook 2007

This is the 2nd time this same user has had this problem.

She has no rules, only notices these missing emails :(

Re: the odd inbox email in owa not visible in outlook

I also have the same issue with windows server 2003 and outlook 2007. I have also tried setting up the outlook on a different pc without cached exchange mode and still the emails do not appear.
    Paul