Thread: Blackberry Enterprise Server Express on SBS2003 R2 Premium

Blackberry Enterprise Server Express on SBS2003 R2 Premium

I just want some suggestion here. Is anyone able to install Blackberry Enterprise Server Express properly on SBS 2003 R2. I had found that it is not easy to do that. I think that would be a bit annoying stuff if I tested it and landed on some error. So it is better to first collect some advice and then go for the final setup. As per the information available on blackberry site I can use BES. It supports SBS 2003. I had tried to check out the information on number of websites but still not confirmed that it will work or nor. I need some help with BES installation and hope it works.

I am using that on SBS 2003. There are two servers at my office. One has Standard edition and other one has Premium. BES Express is working quiet fine on both. There is no problem with it. It is working fine. You can install that. It supports SBS 2003. It works fine and there is no error at all. It looks be a good reason that blackberry supports a low end server so that you can use your devices on the same. It works fine. If you face any error just get a fresh setup for the same.

I have been unsuccessful with BES on a SBS2003 R2 server.
    I followed all of the instructions to include a hot fix for exchange2003 sp2 and no joy.
    The error I get continues to point to a permission problem.
    That is what the hot fox was for.
    The "send as" permission keeps disappearing after a couple of hours.
    If anyone has successfully implement BES on R2 I would be interested in knowing how.... please....

The two errors I see in the event log are:

20196 ... } MAPIMailbox::SendETP - SubmitMessage (0x80070005) failed
    20265 ... } Send() failed: ERR_SUBMIT_MAIL, Tag=-760747361

I also see the behavior of when I check the security tab of a blackberry user in AD the BESAdmin entry is gone, which is probably why I am getting the errors.

Also, the BB user can not activate.

Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated.
    Any ideas?

I am using multiple BES on SBS 2003 R2. And it is working really well. There is no problem at all. I am using them on premium with ISA and it is working. As per the setup there are no complications. If you are getting any error you must report where exactly you are getting. It is necessary that you follow proper steps for the installation. You can find a manual on the same on web and it will offer you more information about proper setup and configuration.

Re: Blackberry Enterprise Server Express on SBS2003 R2 Premium

I'm pretty new to this all, and may be way of the mark but I had a client with the BPS installation and the same issue with send permissions. I found the reason for the send as permission getting over-written was that the parent object of the Domain/Enterprise Admins Groups specify that permissions explicity and therefore overwrite specified permissions for the child object. You can either remove the user from the domain/enterprise admins group or edit the parent object(investigate the security implications of this on your network).