Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Small Business Server
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly.

Small Business Server

Old 03-12-2007

The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly.

We have recently switched to Microsoft "Small Business Server" from "direct" Internet connection. I was able to login after adding Proxy settings to my WebService client. However, for some unknown reason the connection to WebService gets dropped at certain interval. I am not able to make out the cause of this issue and i want to know if there is any setting that i have to change for Small Business Server to fix the connection drop out???

Old 03-12-2007

Re: The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly.

I don't i understood your problem, could you please explain it with a little bit of detail? so that i can have better idea of what exactly you are trying to say.
Old 04-12-2007

Ok I'll try to make things simpler.....
See we are trying to access an http web service from an application service provider.. We don't have any issue when we connect directly to the internet but when we try to access it from SBS 2003 with ISA Server 2004 machine then we get a error message saying "The underlying connection was closed: The connection was closed unexpectedly". I am not sure but it seems as if we are not following the right way of configuring ISA Server 2004 to access external http web services. I want some one to suggest me the right way, hope you understood my problem this time.
Old 02-09-2008

Do you have "Bypass proxy server for local addressed" option enabled??? if not then go in to Internet options > Connections > LAN Settings and check mark "Bypass proxy server for local addressed" option and save the changes you have made. Many people who were facing the same error and have mentioned that this solution worked for them, hope it works for you as well. Just give it a try and post back if it helps.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Small Business Server
Tags: , , , , ,