Thread: Group Policy Startup Script Issue (Trend OfficeScan) - Autopcc

Group Policy Startup Script Issue (Trend OfficeScan) - Autopcc

I am trying to install Trend OfficeScann client via the Autopcc.exe that is located in a startup script and not login, due to my restricted user environment. It has to be Autopcc, not a custom package, because I want the Autopcc to install the client if not present and perform a component update each time a machine is restarted after that. The issue that I am facing is that when I place the Autopcc.exe to be run in a startup script, the script, and all applications associated terminate prematurely. I think that it has to do with the fact that AutoPcc.exe calls other executables to be run and autopcc itself terminates. I am not a scripter and have little experience with writing custom scripts. I have tried the simple scripts like:

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````````````````````````````
    Set objShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
    Set objScriptExec = objShell.Exec("\\ctrendsrv\ofcscan
    \autoopcc.exe.exe")
    ```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````````````````````````````

This script will start autopcc, then terminate. If i set a delay in the script like:

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ````````````````````````````````
    Do While (objScriptExec.Status = 0)
    WScript.Sleep 1000 'msec
    Loop
    The prescan and installation will start but they will close once the delay is timed out. I am not able to set a long delay on a script that runs everytime a machine which is started for some reasons. The only support that I get from Trend is to launch AutoPcc using "Run as" in a login script. But because of security policies in place, I am not able to do that. Any help would be appreciated.

Can you try to run it as a vbscript or you can also try to use a batch file. I have used a shutdown batch file script to stop services when a server is restarted, so I am sure that the batch files are supported. If you can use the 'start /wait' command in a batch file then it wil keep that process alive ubtil it has completed running.

Re: Group Policy Startup Script Issue (Trend OfficeScan) - Autopcc

Has anyone found a solution to this? I need to do exactly the same thing: run AutoPcc.exe via GPO Startup script - not logon script.

Re: Group Policy Startup Script Issue (Trend OfficeScan) - Autopcc

I would like to suggest you to situate the AutoPcc.exe to be run in a startup script, the script, and all applications associated terminate precipitately. I consider it has to do with the fact that AutoPcc.exe calls other executables to be run and autopcc itself terminates. I'm not a scripter and have little experience with writing custom scritps. I have tried simple scripts like:
    Code:
    Set objShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
    Set objScriptExec = objShell.Exec("\\ctrendsrv\ofcscan\autoopcc.exe.exe")
    I think that will help you to some extent.