Thread: Wireless Sync with Exchange and OMA not working

Wireless Sync with Exchange and OMA not working

We are having a SBS 2003 running with Exchange Server 2003 at our office. I’m the admin of this domain. I was trying to sync my Windows Smartphone 5.0 wirelessly but not getting it done. When I try to configure Wireless Mobile Device Center in Vista, It gives me the following error message:

"Exchange Server could not be verified. You cannot log on to Microsoft Exchange because the security certificate on the server is not valid or expired."

Do I really need to buy security certificate if am using SBS connection wizard to generate the certificate? I don’t think so. Any help please?

RE: Wireless Sync with Exchange and OMA not working

In order to get your smartphone synced with Exchange server you will need to load the certificate on the device. Also when you run ‘Connect to Internet’ wizard don’t forget to rename your certificate. Just pull up the internet option and content under internet explorer on your SBS server and you will get the certificate by clicking on certificates button.

Here you will also get the option to export the same. Just get it on your phone and double click on the certificate file. Now follow the onscreen instruction to install the certificate. That’s it.

Re: Wireless Sync with Exchange and OMA not working

Hello CooRa, there is a documentation provided by Microsoft on the same. You should check it as well. Here it is:

Deploying Windows Mobile 5.0 with Windows Small Business Server 2003
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

I appreciate all your helps guys but still am facing the same problem. Even after installing the certificate it wont sync. Suggested by one of my friend, I also re-ran the CEICW but no success.

Any other help please?

If I’m not wrong I guess Windows Mobile 5 uses OMA, is it working on your device? If not, then you must first get OMA work properly otherwise what you are trying to get will not work. You can also check these KBs describing the same:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883380
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817379