Thread: Following Reboot Server Hangs at "applying computer settings"

Following Reboot Server Hangs at "applying computer settings"

Today morning we had some important Windows updates on our SBS 2003. So we installed and rebooted the server. After it restarted, I logged in with my login credentials and the server freezed on the "applying computer settings" screen. The freeze was not just for a minute or two, but for the complete hour. It was hanged for about 60 minutes.

Finally when the screen gone, I found few problems on the system. First 2 Blackberry Enterprise Server services show ‘starting’ and it was at the same position until next 9 hours. Due to this Blackberry users were not able to send and receive emails. Another problem raised is I’m no more able to access the server from remote desktop. And the last but not least, I logged of this server 60 minutes ago and it is still loggin off.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: Following Reboot Server Hangs at "applying computer settings"

As far as Blackberry stuff is concerned, it should be on a separate system to Exchange. In my case, I use to run it on real basic windows XP desktop. I’ll suggest you if you have a spare desktop anywhere, move the BES off the SBS box. Also set the blackberry services to Manual and then re-boot. Manually start the services once you have restarted. See if it works.

Re: Following Reboot Server Hangs at "applying computer settings"

Thank you very much for the help majid. By the way I also tried connecting remotely via Logmein and surprisingly the server still logging of. Its been about 10 hours I logged off the computer.

So in order to follow your suggestions, I’ll require to go to the server and power it off physically before attempting what you suggest. Well I try doing that.