Thread: Connection with server failed. Hit <F5> to retry. (Symantec Backup Exec SB 11d)

Connection with server failed. Hit <F5> to retry. (Symantec Backup Exec SB 11d)

I am facing some issue with Symantec Backup Exec 11 installation on SBS. It is not working well. I am trying to install the SBS first time on a dell server. I am not able to create a backup job on the same. I am trying to do that through manual as well as through wizard mode. It is not at all working. I cannot find anything in the selection list also. Later on I am getting error -- Connection with server failed. Hit <F5> to retry. I went to the Symantec website and trying to found some troubleshooting options that would work to fix the problem. Somehow all service are started but still not working.

I will recommend you to contact symantec for the same. I had also got the same issue long time before and got assistance from dell support also. There can be stuff which is required to install before performing the setup. The dell guy told that the issue can be due to permissions. Due to lack of this thing the following error appears. You must know properly the login credentials before connecting to the server.

Re: Connection with server failed. Hit <F5> to retry. (Symantec Backup Exec SB 11d)

This has resolved the issue with me.

I have started using a specific account called _backup which I use instead of the administrator's account. It works first time without the need to remove from any groups..

Many thanks for your fix.