Thread: EXCHANGE: Outlook 2007 Cannot collect Exchange Mail

EXCHANGE: Outlook 2007 Cannot collect Exchange Mail

I am setting a new server with Exchange. The edition is SBS 2003. I never thought it would be complicate to configure the server but somehow I am not able to make it work properly. I am trying configure Exchange but somehow it looks that it is not working. I had tried to use the wizard to configure the setup but still it is not working well. The system still fails to connect to the workstation and server. It is not working at all. I had installed Outlook on some of the workstation that has Vista. But it is not able to connect to Exchange Mail server.

Try to delete the local cache file and then simply move ahead. It is necessary that you must configure outlook first to access the mail box or else it will be annoying to make a proper connection. Exchange configuration is not costly but it is a time consuming process and you need more detail settings. There are set of documentation that are available on web which will guide you for the same.

Re: EXCHANGE: Outlook 2007 Cannot collect Exchange Mail

Try to repair the account and then check back. Sometime you might face issue with connectivity but it is resolved if the wizard is able to collect appropriate settings. I am going to provide you a link that will give you more detailed information in dealing with the problem. It has complete steps for the configuration and it will be easier for you.

Use Outlook Anywhere to connect to your Exchange server without VPN

Connect to Exchange server using HTTP

Here are few settings that would help you. Go in server management and then click on Advance management. In that you can find IIS. Click on the server name and then click on website. Now click on the default website. At the right side you can find RPC where you can select properties. Double click on security and choose edit button. Then click on Authentication and access control. You will need basic authentication only. Here in the OLK2K7 account settings for the proxy you can choose integrated windows authentication which can resolve your problem.

Can be a certificate problem also. You must check that the client system is able to get proper certification for the connectivity. Or else the issue with common. There can problem with CA Root Certificate and it will not help you to work properly. Try to find out some documentation on trusted root certification.