Thread: Remove shutdown in remote desktop

Remove shutdown in remote desktop

How to get rid of shutdown button remote desktop. I cannot find any settings for that. I just want to allow 2 user to connect to the server remotely and then turn of the system. But I do not want any other to access the same. I need some help here. I tried to modify that through script but it is like a waste of time and it is not working at all. The normal login profile is working. I am using SBS 2003 Standard edition. It looks that there would be a option available for the same.

Here are some steps that can help you to do what you are trying. For that you will need to us gpo. In that go in user config and then simply click on templates. Go to Start Menu and click on Remote and Prevent Access to Shutdown. Enable the same. Once done you have to apply the settings to terminal server. You can simply create at filter for a group of users of remote desktop and it will work properly.

Re: Remove shutdown in remote desktop

I do not thin that there is any option like that. All you can do is deny log off access. This can be managed by gpo. For other users you can simply block the shutdown process for users. But for that you will need to assign a new object and then you can add the users.