Thread: error for certain user: "You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. "

error for certain user: "You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. "

I am quiet annoyed with SBS 2003 error on the screen. There is some problem with the permission and I am sure this appear because of Windows Update. While the same was working fine before. There was no problem with the same. I am having multiple server at my office. Among which the one that I am working on is having permission issue. I am having the admin login access also but still it does not looks much happy. What should I do to avoid the error. The error that I am getting is You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator.

Try to run internet wizard and then check back. I hope that would fix the error. Did you tried to run ipconfig /all and what you find that. It is necessary that you must go with manual settings. Can you manage other admin account. Means there is any account available that allows you to login and modify the changes that you want.

It is a problem with the login. The permission error only appears when the account that you are using is not having full privileges. You will need to arrange a new account for permission and then check back the same.

update

just wondering whether you managed to solve the above issue with replacing the profile - and if so how you did it....(it would be nice if i can avoid deleting their user accounts)

I am having a similiar problem to this and am quite stumped.

Basically recently we added another domain to our server - so that we have people with more than one email address - eg jp@company1.co.uk and jp@company2.co.uk

and after testing a few people i moved most of our emails to default to company2.co.uk.

This is where the problem started occuring. It only has effected 2 or 3 users, but interestingly it has affected not just the new domain account but the old one as well.

One of my users can send from the new one but not the old one, and one from the old one but not the new one!

I have telnetted into the server and can send email pretending to be from the users fine so presumably it IS something to do with outlook profiles - or at least something that happens before it actually gets queued.

Any thoughts?