Thread: 3rd Party Backup Software

3rd Party Backup Software

I am using the internal SBS backup software. I had configured backup of SBS mail boxes. Now I am looking for some good third party software that can provide me a proper feature of taking backup of mailboxes and then restoring the same back again. I am looking for a complete backup suite. And I am going to install that on few clients only. Because on them the internal backup process is much slower. I think a few client setup is more than enough.

According to me if you go with recovery and remove the old mailbox then that would be better. You can also go with a manual process which is a bit time consuming but do not need to add any 3rd party suite. There is no guarantee that the software will not put any affect on the system performance. It can put more impact compared to the conventional backup solution. But still if you are looking for solution then have a look on Arcserver. It works properly and there is no problem with it. I am using the same on different branch.

Re: 3rd Party Backup Software

Hi all,

Thanks forthe replies. Looks like I might as well stick with SBS backup :)

Many thanks.

Regards Colin.

Check out Stellar InstaBackup. It is a very nice software that offer you a option to protect your data. There are some set of features which is application for both home and office use and you can modify the backup settings as per your need. Like you can go in advance option and configure the backup as full or incremental. So this is a bit easy way to deal with the same. Along with this the software also offer encryption and compression standards. I like the automated backup process which is very comfortable.

There are number of cheaper solution that would help you to get a reasonable solution. I do not think you need to spend amount is buying a complex backup solution. I had seen people using NT backup and that has not helped much. You must look for a backup solution that comes with proper result and with nice disaster recovery solution. Or else it would be a waste of time to work on the same.

If you are looking for some easy to use option then SBS Wizard backup is nice way to keep your data safe. It also offer you optimum result on disaster recovery. You can manage data on it and also it is easy to handle. There are no need to work on strict settings. It is important that your backup must flow properly and deliver you easy way of copying files.