Thread: W3SVC-WP Eventlog ID 2214 & 2268

W3SVC-WP Eventlog ID 2214 & 2268

Hello, I am continuously getting 2 event errors repeateadly. The Event ID 2268 tells that it could not load the ISAPI filters for site/service and therefore the startup aborted. And the Event ID 2214 tells that the HTTP filter DLL C:\windows\systems32\RpcProxy\RpcProxy.dll failed to load. The data is the error. The result of the Event log is that I am not able to use Remote Web Workplace and OWA. I am getting Service Unavailable in big black letters. Any ideas how to solve this problem? Thanks.

Re: W3SVC-WP Eventlog ID 2214 & 2268

Can you tell us whether anything else occurred as well, before the error that you are getting? Have you installed any new software or any security patches recently? Are you using a Citrix Server in the mix somewhere? As per the Event numbers that you have written it all seems to point back to Citrix side only.

Re: W3SVC-WP Eventlog ID 2214 & 2268

I have checked that all service packs have been installed except Windows 2003 server SP2. There is no Citrix on system except a switch. I have installed a Certificate just some few weeks ago. It seems to me that the W3SVC errors started after when the Exchange Server reported several errors and the server looks like it was restarted. Thanks for the reply.