Thread: Mobile sync over the air - error code 0x80072ee7

Mobile sync over the air - error code 0x80072ee7

I want to sync my mobile phone, active sync takes too many minutes to get the reply with an error code 0x80072ee7, the server could not be found. Previously it was working fine for couple of monthsm but the mobile phone was freezing and needed to be reset, so inorder to work, I got thte replacement. Any ideas?

RE: Mobile sync over the air - error code 0x80072ee7

Exchange Server ActiveSync and Exchange Outlook Mobile Access (OMA) use the /Exchange virtual directory to access OWA templates and DAV on the Exchange back-end servers on which the user's mailbox is located. To resolve this problem, use one of the following methods given here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817379/en-us

If it's any comfort, I'm receiving the same error code each time I try to sync my outlook on my DASH 3G phone. When I got the phone about 6 months ago, I followed the instructions and sync my company Outlook mail up with no issues. Then accordingly to policy I had to change my password on my company Outlook. My phone asked for my new password, when I entered it, the phone continued to ask for my password. Since then I have been getting the error message. I have been working over a week with our company's customer service, TMobile customer service both their PDA group and in person today at one of their stores for over an hour each time. They tried everything including removing the battery, knocking my off their network and then reinstalling me, nothing worked. They finally agreed to order me a new phone. Only I'm worrried that even if the new phone initially works, 90 days from now when I change my password it will fail again. Since no one knows what is causing the issue. Fran

I'm on a TouchPro 2. Worked fine with WM 6.1. then I upgraded to 6.5 and then the trouble began. That phone would at least contact the server and try to sync, but did so incompletely and only intermittently. The T-mobile sent me another phone with 6.5 factory installed. That is when I started getting this error message - brand new virgin phone with no apps or other settings changed off factory defaults - still can't find the server. The they sent me another one thinking it might have been a hardware issue. Guess what?? Same error message.

I'm stumped. Is this a WM6.5 issue? But if that were the case, there would have already been a stampede of calls with similar issues - but "no know issues to date I'm told"

Exchange server provider is stumped. T-mobile is stumped? I'm stumped? Anyone out there NOT stumped by this??

Re: Mobile sync over the air - error code 0x80072ee7

Can you check the status is 'Waiting for Network', if so then in the phone, go to Menu >> OPtions >> highlight Microsoft Exchange >> Settings >> Next >> Menu >> Advanced. The third item is probably set to 'Direct', which you need to change it to 'Internet'.

Check the article on how to set up Windows Small Business Server 2003 for Internet access from here - http://support.microsoft.com/?id=825763

Stepping back (down) a degree of technical difficulty -

This error can be triggered by errors in the phone's configure server settings. It's a lot more likely that it is caused by a phone config issue than anything to do with a previously working exchange server setup.

You may need to install certificates in your phone, depending on whether your Exchange Server requires an encrypted (SSL) connection, or not.

Secondly, Windows Mobile will ask for the server address, the domain name, and user name in three fields. Since I 'knew' the appropriate entries for accessing the OWA website from remote - I assumed (wrongly) that the address should be https://www.mydomain.net/exchange, that the user name would be mydomain\myusername and that the domain name would be mydomain.net

NEARLY ALL WRONG!!!!

All I got right was that I needed some certs since I knew the server required an encrypted (SSL) connection. I got the root and sub certs from the exchange administrator - ran into my first problem. 'exploring' to the storage card, zip file found, unzipped it and could not 'see' the *.der files. I could search and locate them but could not 'open' them - it was as if they were hidden files.

Discovered a reference on line that stated you had to use the File Explorer to locate and 'run' the certs. OK - that worked. Apparently a difference in permissions going on???? Between the iconic drill down and running the File Explorer application?

Secondly- the format for the information -

Address: www.mydomain.net (no https:, no sub-folder)
    username: username (not mydomain\username)
    domain: mydomain (.net or other TLD specifier not required)

Once I got the configuration entries correctly entered - hooked right up and started sync'ing. There are some differences between versions but if you (if needed) get your (correct) certs installed and correctly enter the configuration details, you can probably sync with any version of Mobile v5.x or v6.x and your Exchange Server. Assuming the server works with any other Windows Mobile phone - it probably is okay, look to the phone config details first (and maybe second, third, etc).