Thread: SMTP-mail.btconnect.com

SMTP-mail.btconnect.com

I have SBS 2003 installed and am using SMTP authentication, and every now and then the emails get queued up and sometimes restarting the server helps but sometimes like now, the just stay there. I am not able to send out any emails, all stay in the server. I am having Trend Micro and also know about a bug that stops the queue sometimes, but this time rebooting the server will not work. It could be the BT servers because we have 2 SBS 2003 servers with 2 BT broadbands and they both have the same issue since this morning. I have checked the BTConnect website and the broadband status looks fine. So, what could be the reason for the emails getting queued up like this?

RE: SMTP-mail.btconnect.com

You are right on your patch, I have had nothing but issues with BT, you should get a local ISP that will give you all the features you need, like for example static ip addresses, etc.

You can use the CEICW to set up a network, a firewall, a website, and email services in Windows SBS. You can set up the following connection types, by following the method given on this website - http://support.microsoft.com/?id=825763

Thanks for the reply, the issue seems to be with SMTP authentication. I needed to disable the authentication in Outbound security settings of the SMTP properties. Before that, Bt was not letting me to send emails without authentication, but now I can send with it.

Please, i want to get btconnect ID, can you help me get the registration tab.