Thread: Connecting Vista to SBS2003 (cannot run nshelp.exe after kb926505)

Connecting Vista to SBS2003 (cannot run nshelp.exe after kb926505)

I am dealing with a small problem on my Vista Business system. I am not able to figure out the reason behind it. I had installed that recently on my workstation. It is a clean format system. Now when I try to connect to a server I am getting a error. I am not able to establish a working connection. The system is able to get the IP address but it looks there is some problem with dns setup. There is a warning message on the screen. At last I got a SBS Network Configuration Wizard error on the screen. I had tried to remove some recent updates but still it does not work. So it is clear that some recent updates are not at all interrupting the configuration. Does anyone has idea how to deal with the error.

Try to reupdate your system. Run all the required updates and then check back. I think there is some bug with the system due to which you are facing the issue. You must copy paste the entire error description here and then only it will be possible to help you out. I am also working on troubleshooting of this problem. You can first begin with turning off all the security settings and then working on the other stuff. First disable the security settings and then start the network configuration wizard again. Try to work on it one more time. The network configuration must be blocked with some kind of connectivity failure.

According to me you will have to get rid of all updates that are recently in the computer. The problem can also lies with the NIC. Try to update the drivers and restart your pc. And avoid installing or adding any fresh updates. You must work on the default settings only. It is very important to get the complete error description or else this kind of problem are common. Just go in event viewer and check out the logs in that you can find a detail information on the description. Simply copy paste that here. It looks there is some missing file which is causing the problem.

Just one more time run the wizard again. This time turn off the system firewall. And then run it. Later on if you found the problem then go in the C:\Inetpub\ConnectComputer. In that you can find a setup log file. You will need to attach that file here or copy the content of the file. there can be some technical issue with the server connectivity. There can be some missing or corrupt dll files which are causing the problem.

To reconfigure some settings to fix the problem open IIS first. And then go the Server. In that you can find website. Click on Default Web Site and click on ConnectComputer. Now right click on that and choose properties. You can find a Directory Security Tab there. You have to click on it and choose Edit. Once you are done with that you will need to uncheck Require Secure channel (ssl)& require 128bit encryption. Once done with that simply reboot and check the connection again.

I am facing problem with two nic on my system. From which one is disable and other is working. Now I cannot figure out what is the problem with the client server connection. I had turned off the other one and only one is configured on the default mode. So I found a solution that worked. I want to share the same here. You can begin with creating a folder which is named after the client computer. Just copy the following files in it NetSetup.chm, sbsart.chm, sbsshared.chm, server.txt, and usermap.txt from the server. Now again run the network configuration wizard and check back.