| || |
| || |
Join Date: Sep 2005
Re: NTDS Replication: How to remove a replication partner?
There are few steps you can follow in order to fix the same, here it is:
- Install the Windows Server Support Tools from CD2 of your SBS Media. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/216498
- Click Start, point to Programs, point to Accessories, and then click Command Prompt.
- At the command prompt, type ntdsutil, and then press ENTER.
- Type metadata cleanup, and then press ENTER. Based on the options given, the administrator can perform the removal, but additional configuration parameters must be specified before the removal can occur.
- Type connections and press ENTER. This menu is used to connect to the specific server where the changes occur. If the currently logged on user does not have administrative permissions, different credentials can be supplied by specifying the credentials to use before making the connection. To do this, type set creds DomainNameUserNamePassword, and then press ENTER. For a null password, type null for the password parameter.
- Type connect to server servername, and then press ENTER. You should receive confirmation that the connection is successfully established. If an error occurs, verify that the domain controller being used in the connection is available and the credentials you supplied have administrative permissions on the server.