Thread: Cannot join domain, error - There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper

Cannot join domain, error - There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper

I have SBS2003 SP1 with DNS, AD, DC roll, FSMO, WINS etc but whenever i try to join a xp pro sp2 client, i get a error message saying "There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper" and joining fails."
    I have tried adding the server2003 to domain but i get the same error message. I want to know if there is anything i can try to get rid of this error message and connect an new client or server to the domain?

re: Cannot join domain, error - There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper

"There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper" error message comes up when Windows guest RPC does not function correctly. So just make sure that the VeeamVssSupport service is not running on client system and stop the service manually in case you find it running.

Yes you can check out VeeamVssSupport service but if that's not your case then you can try troubleshooting RPC Endpoint Mapper errors following below article:
    Troubleshooting RPC Endpoint Mapper errors using the Windows Server 2003 Support Tools from the product CD
    This error can also come up if there might be something wrong with firewall, in that case you that you have configured dynamic port allocation. If you want then you can refer below article for the same
    How to configure RPC dynamic port allocation to work with firewalls