Thread: install raid drive for 2k3 without floppy driver

install raid drive for 2k3 without floppy driver

I am having some sort of issue, I have purchased a HP Server without floppy driver and when I start the installation of 2003 SBS server and press F6 to install Raid driver, then it ask me a floppy into A: drive and I dont have the floppy drive? The usb disk is recognized to SBS 2003 server? How to solve this problem.

Re: install raid drive for 2k3 without floppy driver

There are many people who have recommended using a USB floppy, I have done it on a few intel server motherboards and it was working fine, so you should get yourself a floppy drive as well.

Re: install raid drive for 2k3 without floppy driver

You can even try to build a slipstream install disk including the SCSI driver. I use nLite and it works very good.

Dell makes a tool that allows for installing Windows with Additional Drivers that are pulled from a USB Key.

Here is the utility: http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/...iverId=R237984

You install the utility, download the RAID (or whatever) drivers that you need for the Windows install, extract the drivers to C:\Program Files\Dell\USBKeyPrepF6\Files, run the utility (which is just a couple clicks).

As a note, make sure you clear out the text DELLFLASH when running the tool. Otherwise it doesn't seem to work.

As a second note, the utility blows away your flash USB Key contents and partitions the flash drive in a strange way. I have found that you can recover your USB Key via Disk Management in Windows. There might be a more glamorous way too.