Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Small Business Server
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Volume Shadow Copy - Cannot enable on any drives, crashing backup

Small Business Server

Old 17-09-2006

Volume Shadow Copy - Cannot enable on any drives, crashing backup

I have got a clinet which I am not able to enable VSS on. It was working fine, but all of a sudden the backups started crapping out just couple of months ago, and VSS will not work at all. When I checked the C:\ and went into Properties, then Shadow Copies, then I get the following error that states "Initialization failed: Error 0x8004230f: The shadow copy provider hd an unexpected error while trying to process the specified operation." I have checked that the volume Shadow Copy service is running fine, can anyone tell me how to reinstall VSS or is there any hotfix that will be helpful. Thanks.

Old 18-09-2006

RE: Volume Shadow Copy - Cannot enable on any drives, crashing backup

There is a hotfix update to the Volume Shadow Copy service for Microsoft Windows Server 2003 is available. This update package addresses the following specific symptoms that is given on this website - http://support.microsoft.com/?id=833167

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Small Business Server