Thread: Remote Web Workplace Disconnected Error

Remote Web Workplace Disconnected Error

I am facing issue with remote web workplace. It is not working. I am constantly getting a disconnnection error. I am here trying to connect to remote server desktop or a client system. But somehow it is not working. I am facing issue with the connectivity. Everything works very well on lan. Means those are on the same network and it works well. But there is a issue with the connectivity through remote setup. I need some help here. I had installed SP1 updates and after that go such issues. Any idea on it.

Try this out.You will need to check out some settings in the terminal server and see whether it is fine or not. For that you will need to IIS manager. You can find that in the administrative tool. In that click on Server Name > Application tool. You can find DefaultAppPool there. Right click on that and choose properties. In that you can find a tab as recycle. Choose - Recycle worker processes at the following times and set the same to 04:00. Go under the performance tab and check out the idle timeout settings. Here also you can find a option - Shutdown worker processes after being idle. Just set the value to 600. Now go to Request Queue limit and set the value to 4000. Go under Web Garden setting and set the value 1 for Maximum number of worker processes. Exit it and restart the IIS. Now check back.

I think the problem is due to firewall. Try to turn that off and then check back. A number of problem that cause failure in remote connectivity is due to a blocked connection. You just have to modify the settings of your antivirus and firewall and then check back. You can go in Event Viewer and there check for logs. In that you can find a set of errors that will help you to deal with the problem. Later on a client system where I was facing the same kind of issue was resolved by getting rid of SBS Web listener.

Can you give more detail on the error that you are getting. Is there any specific error number of some more description. The problem can be with the firewall or with the antivirus, but there can be additional options also which are causing the failure. You can find that detail in side the error log. One thing you can try out is open a port on your router and then ensure the connection is active or not. You can dedicate a port number for the remote connectivity. And add it under the exception list of firewall or any other security application.

There are some simple things that can be checked before creating a connection. First whether the workstation is powered on or not. Is it in sleep mode. Does Remote Desktop service is configured on it or not. This are some of the most important things that you have to check. Sometime the client workstation lies on hibernation or on sleep mode due to which you are getting this kind of error.

You can start configuring remote desktop from start. Run Internet Connection Wizard and then follow the option of remote access. You can only find out the exact step that appear to create a connection between your system and other workstation through wizard mode only. If there is any kind of blockage or problem then you can simply troubleshoot that. It is necessary that you must configure the ISA proper for RDP access or this kind of failure is common. You can re-run the remote connection wizard and if you get the same error then there is some problem with the services on the client workstation.

re: Remote Web Workplace Disconnected Error

Just go the settings and find out first that Terminals server is working or not. If it is not then enable it and check back. I am sure if you can try using RWW you can connect to the client system if the service is working. Security applications can be a reason and also the problem can lie with improper settings. Check the link below. In that you can find out more detailed information about fixing the problem.

The connection to the Remote Web Workplace is frequently interrupted or lost.