Thread: Solved - wireless desktop logon to domain

Solved - wireless desktop logon to domain

There is a problem with a workstation. It is on another floor. The user on the workstation is trying to connect to the server on wifi. He called me to check out the issue. I am trying to configure the same but still it is not working. It looks that the desktop is not allowing a wifi configuration on the server. The logon procedure is one and the same as it is on desktop. But somehow the system is not able to collect the location. I need some configuration settings that can help me.

R Guest
    I found some solutions that can help you to deal with the problem. For that you will need to reconfigure the same using Windows Zero configuration. There are some third party apps available that can guide you for the same. Go in windows registry and modify the following registry. You will need to change the DWORD value of HKLM\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon to 3c (hex) or 60 (dec). Once you are done then simply add a system key under HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System and leave the value as 0. Now try back. It must work.

Thanks for the steps. That really work. It is not so complicated. But somehow the wifi management must be provided in the router itself. That would be more beneficial. It can be a permission problem also. I am looking for some logon script that would enable the wifi for sharing on network automatically.