Thread: Warning: Multiple default gateways are intended to provide redunda

Warning: Multiple default gateways are intended to provide redunda

Warning: Multiple default gateways are intended to provide redundancy to a single network such as and Intranet or the Internet. They will not function properly when the gateways are on two separate, disjoint networks (such as one on your intranet and one on the Internet). Do you want to save this configuration?

We get above warning message when I go in to Network connections and check out TCP/IP properties. We have Single NIC in the server and the server is attached to a Linksys router using high speed cable Internet. We had to change the Linksys router configuration at new place and attach the server to Linksys unmanaged 24 port switch and add Adtran 612 Total Access router using a full T1. However, after setting up everything i found the default gateway to be 192.168.16.1, which is just not correct. When i run ipconfig command then i see only one gateway i.e. 192.168.100.1. Any idea where i am going wrong???

RE: Warning: Multiple default gateways are intended to provide redunda

I want to know if your your SBS Server and clients have internet access after receiving the above warning message ? I also want to know if you have tried performing a clean boot on the server. If not, then you can try it following below steps:
    • Go to start and type "msconfig" without quotes in run and click on OK.
    • In new window select "Selective Startup" and uncheck "Load Startup Items" and click Enable All on the "Services" tab
    • After that Check "Hide all Microsoft Services" and click Disable All and clear "Hide all Microsoft Services".
    • When you are done with all of the above changes then click on OK button and then on Yes to restart your computer.

It seems as if the error you have posted is not complete. So just post the complete error and output of ipconfig/all on the server side so that i can have better idea of you case and try to help you with effective workaround.