Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Small Business Server
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Error: The requested operation is forbidden ID no: c1030af1

Small Business Server

Old 25-08-2005

Error: The requested operation is forbidden ID no: c1030af1

Since last few days whenever I’m trying to expand the Public Folders object in MS Exchange Services Manager in my SBS 2003 server, it says “The requested operation is forbidden. ID no: c1030af1.”

I tried searching info about this and came to know that the problem is related to my Web Services. I guess this is something related to bouncing IP addresses. Am I correct?

Somebody please help?

Old 25-08-2005

Re: Error: The requested operation is forbidden ID no: c1030af1

I have set the machine up as a DC and connected it to a switch with no other machines and was added the network only after all SBS setup was complete. It gives errors, but it -is- a fully qualified DC etc etc. Just try out the same.
Old 25-08-2005

Re: Error: The requested operation is forbidden ID no: c1030af1

Hello Dil-Ber, here are few articles which will help you through the issue . Check them:

You Cannot Expand Public Folders Through Exchange System Manager: http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;325923

XADM: Error Message: "The Requested Operation Is Forbidden" When You Try to Modify a Public Folder: http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;313721
Old 11-07-2008

Solution Found!!

This issue was resolved on my SBS 2003 server by doing the following:

I went to Default Web Site properties, Directory Security Tab, IP Addresss and domain Name Restrictions, Edit Button, All was denied except for 127.0.0.1. When I set it to "By Default All computers will be" GRANTED Access - this problem was resolved.

MG

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Server > Small Business Server
Tags: , , ,