Cannot get IMAP to work
I recently did a fresh install of SBS 2003 SP1 Premium with MS Exchange and OWA. There is yet no ISA installed on this server. Everything works fine including emals. But don’t now why I am not able to get the connection using IMAP though I have set the service automatic and is running properly. Whenever I try connecting, this is what I get:
User name: gregghill
There are no errors in Event Viewer. Any ideas on why IMAP fails? Please help.
RE: Cannot get IMAP to work
Before we go for any core troubleshooting just ensure that the IMAP4 service is configured properly. You can recheck the configuration with the steps provided in this Microsoft KB: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/837368. if it is corect, just follow the steps provided below:
Re: Cannot get IMAP to work
Yeah, that’s correct janos. But still if the problem persists then try out the following steps:
1. Open ESM.
2. Go to Servers/Servername.
3. Right click the Servername and click Properties.
4. Click Diagnostics Logging tab.
5. Choose IMAP4Svc from the services list.
6. In the right pane, change all items' Logging level to Maximum.
7. Click OK to save the change.
8. Restart IMAP4Svc and reproduce the problem.
9. Open Event Viewer and post all related logs here.
10. Undo the changes to Diagnostics Logging.
Let me know the results.
|Tags: imap, isa, sbs 2003, service pack 1, tcp, telnet|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Similar Threads for: "Cannot get IMAP to work"|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|IMAP instead of POP||Sheravat||Windows Software||5||03-06-2010 07:57 AM|
|Email Pop Vs Imap||SKREECH||Windows Software||5||21-12-2009 09:11 AM|
|Imap vs pop3||Jamaima||Windows Software||6||18-12-2009 12:33 PM|