Thread: SBS 2003 - adding license; "MMC could not create snap-in. The snap-in might not have been installed correctly"

SBS 2003 - adding license; "MMC could not create snap-in. The snap-in might not have been installed correctly"

Hello

I have a SBS 2003 issue that I was hoping someone could assist me in resolving.

I'm trying to add a license by going to (see attachment: StartProgramsAdminTools)

when I try to do that, I get the error (see attachment: MMCsnapinCouldNotBeCreated)

I read somewhere that this could be because the NNTP and SMTP components were not installed correctly so I re-installed those components (see attachment: nntpmessage).

however, Im still not able to add licenses, I still get the error message "MMC could not create snap-in. the snap-in might not have been installed correctly. Name: Small Business Server Licensing"

All I want to do is add a license to the server for an additional PC to connect but I cant because of this. If anyone could help me, I would really appreciate it.

thank you and HAPPY HOLIDAYS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails startprogramsadmintools-jpg   mmcsnapincouldnotbecreated-jpg   nntpmessage-jpg  

re: SBS 2003 - adding license; "MMC could not create snap-in. The snap-in might not have been installed correctly"

I want to tell you that the current user is not having rights to access the C:\Program Files\Windows for Small Business Server\Licensing folder. The resolution is really simple, you just have to give permission to users so that he can access the above mentioned folder.

re: SBS 2003 - adding license; "MMC could not create snap-in. The snap-in might not have been installed correctly"

Thank you. I will try that and let you know if it works.