Thread: MSTSC fails : MSTSC fails to connect to the client after the client machine was moved to separate domain.

MSTSC fails : MSTSC fails to connect to the client after the client machine was moved to separate domain.

Hi,

MSTSC fails to connect to the client after the client machine was moved to separate domain.

I have created a new domain controller in win2k8 R2 server(DNS and DHCP). I have also moved the client machines to this domain and it happened successfully.

But when i am trying to remote desktop to it from my development machine, it says the system cannot connect to the machine.I am connecting using the administrative account . I cannot even ping to that machine.
    The error i get is
    "Remote Desktop cannot connect to remote computer for one of these reasons:
    1. Remote access to the server is disabled
    2. The remote computer is turned off
    3. The remote computer is not available on the network

When i try to disable the firewalls, i am able to connect. It even pings when the firewall is disabled.

I dont want to disable the firewall to enable this mstsc. Is there any alternatives for this either in the domain name server or the cleint machines?
    Thanks,
    Karthik

Re: MSTSC fails : MSTSC fails to connect to the client after the client machine was moved to separate domain.

Can you tell us whether you are trying to connect from an Windows XP machine, if that is so then check whether Microsoft .NET 3.5 Framework Service Pack 1 is installed or not, download the same from here.

Re: MSTSC fails : MSTSC fails to connect to the client after the client machine was moved to separate domain.

I am trying to rdp from Win 7 machine. My machine has .Net 3.5 and .Net4 installed already.
    Thanks,
    Karthik