Thread: I want to migrate to Windows SBS 2011 Standard

I want to migrate to Windows SBS 2011 Standard

I need help to understand the migrating support for Windows SBS 2011 Standard. I found that for medium firms this has be a much better choice. You can simply have your entire office worked on with ease. I had not really heard about this before and just recently this has clicked in my mind. The products are available and does anyone has really upgraded the same. I am still not getting much info on this.

Re: I want to migrate to Windows SBS 2011 Standard

It has been introduces for for SMEs up to 75 users. So if you have the same then without much thinking you can go for that. You will get SBS 2011 Standard and also SBS 2011 Premium Add-on. You can choose the same as per your need and support. Microsoft is renewing its range of server solution all in one with the availability this products. There are much enhanced support provided in the same. You can test it be downloading on ms official website.

There are around three products found under this category. The first is Windows Small Business Server 2011 Essentials. This is also called as the Aurora. This is best solution for those who have up to 25 users an for Server Cloud Office of 365 users. So that is quiet an awesome support. The second is the standard edition also called as SBS 7. It is a kind of All-in-one sever solution for 75 users. And the last one which is the SBS 2011 Premium Add-on will give you a support for Windows Server 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2008 R2.

I will recommend you to first test SBS 2011 Standard. This is an kind of all-in-one, easily manageable server solution by Microsoft. It nicely meets the needs of businesses up to 75 users. Best recommended for those companies who have a user in this number. It is based on the latest versions of Microsoft's flagship software. There are lot more other things which comes with it. I am not sure about the exact information on the same. But you can read the same from the official website.

I have got some detailed information SBS 2011 Standard edition. I was just figuring out the package content of this and found some really useful information on that. It has support for data protection with an automated daily backup of data from workstations and server. So there your data gets more secured. It becomes possible in this you send and receive email with Exchange 2010 SP1. You can also easily collaborate with other users with SharePoint 2010 as an internal website.

The new edition has increased the chances for users management and communication. I hope the same must be much secure also. The one thing which I found in this that you can access the corporate network on the go with a VPN PPTP. Similar a file sharing support is also provided over the corporate network. This product is already available through certain channels licenses. Go on the official site to get an in dept information on the same.